Our Sponsors

Friday, May 27, 2011

I owe my career to Salman: Zarine Khan


“I had a blast shooting the song with Salman in Bangkok. Though we shot it over three days, I didn’t even realise when it got over. He is fun,” says the actor, who doesn’t mince words to declare that Khan played an instrumental part in her professional life. “I owe my career to Salman. Whatever I have achieved in Bollywood is thanks to him.” Of late grapevine has been abuzz with news that Salman helped her bag the role in Sajid Khan’s Housefull 2. Other reports also suggest that theDabangg actor recommended Zarine for the song in Ready. But Zarine doesn’t have a problem.

Zarine Khan is happy that she has shed the Katrina look-alike tag
“What’s wrong with Salman helping me? I don’t have a godfather or influential parents in the industry. But I know that Salman will always be there for me. Whenever I’m feeling confused, I know he will bail me out. He is a friend, philosopher, guide and mentor for me,” she says.

Meanwhile, Zarine is spending time preparing for her role in Sajid Khan’s sequel to the superhit Housefull. “Since all the girls in Housefullwere ultra-glamorous, I have to live up to those standards. I’m working out twice a day and have altered my diet,” says Zarine, who didn’t feel losing weight was a big deal. “I used to weigh 100 kgs when I was in college,” she laughs. 

The actor, who was dubbed a Katrina Kaif-look-alike around the release of Veer (2009), is happy that people are finally noticing her. “Many people wrote me off. People also suggested that ‘I’m heading towards Sneha Ullal’s (Aishwarya Rai look-alike whom Salman launched in Lucky: No Time For Love) territory.’ But I’m happy I lost that tag,” she says.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review