Our Sponsors

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Winona Ryder-'Black Swan' Actress Winona Ryder: 'I Don't Use the Internet'


“I feel like it’s taking away that great anticipation of seeing a movie,” she says in a new interview.

Winona Ryder has been out of the limelight for a while, but the Black Swan actress isn’t afraid to speak her mind, as she did about the web.
“I don’t use the Internet, but apparently you can find out everything on it,” the Black Swan actress told Elle in a new interview. “I have my email on my Blackberry, and that’s about it.”
Ryder told the women’s magazine that she still had yet to use The Dilemma director Ron Howard’s gift to her — an iPad — after filming finished on the movie. (She plays Kevin James’ cheating wife, caught by her husband’s best friend, played by Vince Vaughn.) A collector of first editions, the Oscar-nominated actress said she preferred “paper and pen,” criticizing the large amount of information available on the Internet that often diminishes a movie’s allure.
“I feel like it’s taking away that great anticipation of seeing a movie. It used to be you’d hear, like, Al Pacino was making a movie, and you wouldn’t know anything about it,” Ryder explained. “And nowadays, you know it all, like how much [the actors] are being paid. I would hate to see a picture of me and the caption reads, ‘Is she worth it?’ “
Though Ryder has kept busy in the past several years, with smaller projects like The Private Lives of Pippa Lee in 2009 and her brief turn in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek, her star value has drastically decreased. But her hiatus from filmmaking could have been a result of her infamous Saks Fifth Avenue shoplifting debacle in 2001, in which she was fined $10K and ordered to 480 hours of community service.
But Ryder isn’t making excuses.
“If I don’t relate to the [project], even if it’s something that I should do, it’s hard for me to say yes,” she said. “I’m the type who’d rather not work than work on something I’m not into. I’ve done that a couple of times and I feel like I can totally see it in my performance.”
She confessed: “There’s a couple of times that I did it, for the ... paycheck. Even when I was younger — I remember I did this movie that wasn’t good, called 1969. I totally did it ‘cause I could get out of school. I can see it in even great actors’ performances, when they’re phoning it in.”
In Black Swan, Ryder plays a former star, Beth, in a New York ballet company, only to be pushed out by a younger, prettier and arguably more talented dancer, played by Natalie Portman.
“I did relate to Beth on a certain level. Just the thing of, you know, when I’m told I’m not the ingenue anymore,” Ryder said. “I remember when I was younger, I couldn’t wait to be older, because I was always the kid on the set, I was always younger than everyone else. Now I’m older than a lot of the people I work with.”
Ryder also spoke candidly about someday settling down and possibly having kids. “I would at least take a couple of years off [from acting],” she said, adding that when she was 18, “Sean Penn [said,] ‘By the time you’re 30, I will bet you $500 that you’ll be sick of acting.’ I’m still waiting to collect, because I’m not.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review